Destination Weddings in the Turks and Caicos Islands
You have thought about your wedding day, perhaps since you were a young child. It is a landmark and a crossroad in life, marking a partnership which may last for decades. The ceremony marking this new beginning may be simple or grand, depending on your personal wishes. Today, the average wedding tally rings up to about $30,000, not including the honeymoon, so it is also a major financial event.
Rob and Lauren wedding at Mudjin Harbour on Middle Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands. Photography by www.myparadisephoto.com
Getting it right is important, and the location is perhaps the most thought provoking first decision. Today thousands of couples plan their weddings away from home, holding the ceremony and the honeymoon at an exotic destination. Many couples tie the knot on the beach, at the waters edge on an island in the sun.
If that is your dream, welcome to the Turks & Caicos Islands. Our beaches are rated among the top ten in the world, so by all means consider the silken white sands backed by our gin clear turquoise water. There are many beaches to choose from on Providenciales, or the other islands and cays. Couples have exchanged vows after travelling by sailboat or yacht, to one of the unpopulated Caicos Cays.
Stacey Gdula and Brian Smith married 11 July 2014 on Grace Bay Beach at The Somerset, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands. Photography by www.brilliantstudios.com
Professional photographers, videographers and musicians, not to mention caterers and restaurants are all available to you personally, or they may be booked through your Wedding Planner. Destination event planners here understand the quirks and foibles of island living. Innovation is second nature to them and they will have the answers you need, as your questions arise. Trust us, these folk are fazed by nothing, and back up plans are always ready in the wings.
We have few private banquet facilities, but some restaurants will close to the public, in order to entertain a large private party, booked well in advance. Or they will set up a separate, more private section for your party. These venues range from exquisitely elegant to barefoot simplicity; no need to fear you won’t find your style.
Jolyn English and Rick Johnson married 14 April 2014 on Water Cay, Turks and Caicos Islands. Photography by www.eyespice.com
To legally wed your beloved in the TCI there are a few requirements and necessary documents. See “Making it Legal” below. After the ceremony has taken place, the marriage licence is sent to Grand Turk. The Registrar of Weddings will complete a Marriage Certificate and mail it to your home or hotel, depending on the length of your stay here in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Whether you and your spouse take your vows with an audience of two or a party of 400, you will cherish the memories of your wedding day in the Turks & Caicos Islands forever.
Making it Legal in the Turks and Caicos Islands
Requirements for obtaining a marriage license in the Turks and Caicos Islands:
- Original Birth Certificate.
- Both parties must be in The Turks and Caicos Islands at the time of the application.
- Persons arriving on a cruise ship may be granted a special license for a marriage to be solemnised between them the same day of their arrival in the Islands. For others it takes a bit longer, as you must be in the Turks & Caicos for 48 hours before applying for a marriage licence. Once the application for a marriage licence is granted, the wedding may take place.
- Proof of marital status - If single a sworn affidavit is required. If one of the parties is a divorcee, then a Divorce Decree is required, either the original or a notarized copy, sealed by a Court Clerk. In the case of a Widow/Widower a Death Certificate of the previous spouse is required. In the case of change of name by Deed Poll or Adoption, then proof is required.
- If either party is unmarried, being a citizen or resident of a country other than the U.S.A., a declaration certifying this fact must be sworn before a Notary Public or other person authorized to administer oaths in that country and must accompany the application for the Marriage License.
- If under the age of 21, then consent of one or both parents or guardian, in the form of an affidavit stamped by the Notary Public.
- The marriage parties must not be within the prohibited degree of relationships to each other. Include a letter stating both party’s occupations, marital status, age as of last birthday, present address of residence and fathers full name.
- For church weddings Ministers may require proof of membership.
- The parties must produce evidence of the date of their arrival in The Turks and Caicos Islands.
- No blood test is necessary.
- The fee for the license is $100.00.
Note: Marriage Licenses are issued at the office of the Registrar in Providenciales. This office is open to the public Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30am - 4:30pm. Please be advised that any Passports or documentation written other than in English should be translated in advance and notarized by the applicable consulate.
An award-winning photography studio offering a wealth of services including family portraits, secret proposal photo shoots, baby showers, anniversaries and practically any occasion calling for a celebration… Get in contact to speak to one of the friendly, talented photographers about capturing your lifelong memories with quality natural-looking photographs.
Maxime Le Salon
A bride wants to feel especially beautiful on her wedding day, not to mention pampered. Maxime Le Salon will meet all your needs for hair styling, cutting and colour. In partnership with Beauty & The Beach, who specializes in make–up artistry for destination weddings, we will be happy to help you find the right look for your big day. We use only the best products including Sothys, MAC, Clinique, Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, IMAN, NARS, Yves Saint Laurent and Glow Minerals. Also available for special events and photo shoots. Services can be provided at your resort or villa. Reserve your session today.
NILA Destination Wedding Coordinator and Event Planner
We provide a complete service for a destination dream wedding. Personalized Wedding Coordination - Minister or Justice of the Peace - Legal Paperwork - Flowers and Wedding Decoration - Cake and Music - Photography and Video - Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding Reception Planning - Hotel and Villa Reservations - Honeymoon - Activities - and a lot more. To make wedding planning and coordinating truly easy, we design your complimentary personal wedding web page. Simply fill out our wedding planner online and we will send you all the information you need. We create weddings with loving attention to detail to make your wedding perfect.
- Possible Restaurant Venues for your Wedding Dinner
- Catering for your Wedding Dinner
- The Best Turks and Caicos Hotels and Resorts for your Honeymoon
- Shopping for Wedding Rings at Duty Free Prices
- Romantic Sunset Cruises and Sailing Tours
- Turks & Caicos Weather Forecast, Climate and Rainfall Charts
- Turks & Caicos Tours, Sports, Water Sports, Entertainment